OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Issue with stopping VE in Ubuntu 8.04
Re: Issue with stopping VE in Ubuntu 8.04 [message #32637 is a reply to message #32634] Thu, 21 August 2008 11:25 Go to previous message
piavlo is currently offline  piavlo
Even with so called stable 2.6.18 release there are same problems.
When a process get stuck in D state inside VE (probably trying to access files on nfs mounts), there are usually corresponding one of the [events/cpunum] kernel thread in D state, meaning the only way
is to hard reset the node (or little better use MagicSysRq for cleaner reset).
One of the things i've noticed that makes these hangup D processes
to appear much less frequently, is that you should run portmap on HN too (since i've noticed there are HN dmesg notifications smthing like portmap not responding, i don't know if it's regaring portmap not reponding inside VE of the HN itself, since there is one kernel
and one dmesg, and i can't if a specific dmessage is related to some VE or the HN itself). Another thing i did ,out of paranoia, is just install nfs-utils on HN too. I'd love to hear from the developers what they think about this portmap issue?

In general the nfs support in OpenVZ is very BAD, i've bugged the
developers several time about a year ago, but nothing changed since. Since i've got the feeling that nfs support is not important feature for them i've not bugged them since then.

Read Message icon4.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How to install guest OS on container
Next Topic: HELP! can not find "which" command in VPS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Aug 13 06:45:11 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02892 seconds