OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Problem with Networking - VENET Interfaces not Configured
Re: Problem with Networking - VENET Interfaces not Configured [message #30814 is a reply to message #30744] Sat, 07 June 2008 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
sjdean is currently offline  sjdean
Thanks for the reply.

2.6.18 definitely works in Fed 8 i386. I personally think Fed 9 x64 is a bit ahead of the game (read Buggy).

Im fairly happy to continue with Fed 8 i386 and OpenVZ.

Truth be told I've just tried Xen but I can't for the life of me, use pciback to get a device forwarded to the guest OS. It'll be captured by the pciback driver, but won't forward to the guest OS. I thought maybe it was because a standard Fedora kernel didn't have the extensions for the front end drivers to capture the PCI card. So I went an installed kernel-xen into the guest OS and now it won't boot!

Just tried re-installing again, and same results!

Two bad things I thought of with Xen and the like.

Firstly migration means if you're using a file, transferring a 20 Gig file to another host!

Secondly, the problems with hardware support.

Thirdly, if something goes wrong with the file, you're stuffed!

So Im back in the OpenVZ camp.

Im happy to run the OpenVZ provided guest OS's.

But I need to find out how to debug my own template. That's the main thing for me. If I try to start the container it starts ish, but shuts down quickly and I can't find the debugging information.

Any thoughts?

Cya
Simon

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How do I reset root password.
Next Topic: SSH proxy/gateway
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Oct 18 05:34:50 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05136 seconds