OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » insmod problem
Re: insmod problem [message #29829 is a reply to message #29818] Fri, 25 April 2008 12:35 Go to previous message
danielcamara is currently offline  danielcamara
Ok, you are right... I didn't pay attention to that sorry, my bad Sad. OK I understand the risks, even though in my specific case all the virtual machines would be trustful, once I would be in the control all of them and no external user would have access to the machines... any way... It is a very peculiar and particular case I guess Smile

So the bottom line is: it is not possible. I should either use a different tool (kde, for example) or redesign the module in a way I could use the module "shared" by all the machines in the VE0. Is that correct?

Just one more stupid question, I am not trying to be a smart ass or any thing alike here, I swear, I am just trying to understand. I tried the insmod because I sow this entry in the Virtuoso manual :
" sys_module : Insert and remove kernel modules. Be very careful with setting this capability on for a Virtual Private Server; if a user has the permission of inserting kernel modules, this user has essentially full control over the Hardware Node."

So, this entry is not talking about the insert modules then?!?! Or it is not applicable to this case?

Best regards...

Daniel

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Support for 3ware 9690SA
Next Topic: openvz problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 11 10:38:13 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02968 seconds