OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » ovzkernel 2.6.16-026test009.1 and RHEL 4 update 3 problem
Re: ovzkernel 2.6.16-026test009.1 and RHEL 4 update 3 problem [message #2884 is a reply to message #2827] Mon, 24 April 2006 22:25 Go to previous message
dowdle is currently offline  dowdle
Ok, I uncommented the following line in the apache config:

EnableSendfile off

I wasn't familiar with that option until you brought it to my attention. I restarted apache and that didn't seem to make a difference.

I checked the status of the running apache processes and none of them were in a D state... they were all sleeping.

I'm not that familiar with using strace... so I didn't get anything useful... and it seemed to detach almost immediately.

I tailed the access_log while browsing pages... sometimes the pages would show as 200 (sent) but often my browser didn't get them... somtimes the request was never recieved by the server.

I had a kernel Opps and had to reboot. There was nothing intelligable in the opps message. I decided to boot to the stable kernel.

I did double check that apache in a vps has no problem serving up the files from the stable kernel... but oddly enough the weird behavior with NFS mounts *IS* there with the stable kernel.

1) on physical host, mounts look fine
2) stop my vps
3) all of the mounts on the physical host reflect the info of the / filesystem
4) I have to umount all nfs mounts and mount them again for them to work again

Weird.

--
TYL, Scott Dowdle
Belgrade, Montana, USA

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message