OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Problem with connecting to VPS guess
Re: Problem with connecting to VPS guess [message #28346 is a reply to message #28333] Fri, 14 March 2008 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
joelee is currently offline  joelee
Maratrus, thanks for your comments/response below. Here some answers to your question:

Quote:

1. Did you try access VPS via "vzctl enter"?

Yes that's right... I did a vzctl enter vps# when I could not ssh directly to the VPS... Once I vzctl enter into vps I see the hostname change as explained in my post.

Quote:

1. Please use "strace" utility and provide us with the output of it. It will might be anything there.
2. Any error messages?

Sorry, I don't know much about using strace... Can you give me some detail on this. Do I need to install this to use it? Should it be installed in VPS or HN? What are the command syntax I should use to get the output you want?
FYI, I am using debian system on both HN & vpses...

Quote:

I'm sorry but seems to me hostname didn't change. I suppose somebody change your /etc/passwd file.
OK, let conduct such experiment:
1. Please check your /etc/passwd file especially pay attention to string concerning root. (inside VE)
2. Please increase LOG_LEVEL parameter to 10 in /etc/vz/vz.conf file. And try enter again from HN. Any error messages?

I did above, I change Log_Level and vzctl enter into the VPS... Currently, I am not getting the error as I had rebooted vps. The problem seems to happen at certain random time when I haven't access vps and I see the problem. When and if problem happens again I will follow the instruction again.

Please send me the info on use of "strace" - Thanks!

Joe

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: how to block an ip from all VE's
Next Topic: Apache taking a LONG time to start on reboot
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 17:51:39 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02311 seconds