OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » ovzkernel 2.6.16-026test009.1 and RHEL 4 update 3 problem
ovzkernel 2.6.16-026test009.1 and RHEL 4 update 3 problem [message #2786] Thu, 20 April 2006 19:51 Go to previous message
dowdle is currently offline  dowdle
Greetings,

I installed ovzkernel 2.6.16-026test009.1 on two machines today. One was running CentOS 4.3 and the other Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 Update 3... completely different hardware.

Anyway...

Here's the problem I'm having on the RHEL machine.

1) Apache is in a VPS
2) The physical host has several NFS mounts
3) The NFS mounts are bound to the VPS
4) Apache in the VPS has one of the NFS mounts as DocumentRoot
5) The web pages are serving the text portions just fine but embedded .jpg's in pages just sit and spin... and eventually time out. I can reload the page and get some of the images to show up.
6) Nothing looks out of the ordinary in /var/log/httpd/*
7) Nothing looks out of the ordinary in the physical host logs
8] /proc/user_beancounters is all 0's

On the first attempt to install the test kernel, I got an rpm conflict with a package named:

lksctp-tools

I removed that package and the test kernel installed just fine.

Any idea what is going on? I've restarted apache and the VPS but that didn't help. NFS is working fine... and the files are available in the VPS... apache just is not transferring them... or the HTTP protocol is getting confused or something.

All other services appear to be working fine so I'm assuming it isn't some sort of connectivity issue. iptables is NOT running on the physical host at this time.

Any ideas?

I did not get the package conflict when I installed the test kernel on CentOS 4.3 and oddly enough the RHEL install was a minimal install... so the package I had to remove must have been a default?!? Of course, like I said... the CentOS is completely different hardware and isn't doing the NFS stuff at all.

--
TYL, Scott Dowdle
Belgrade, Montana, USA

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: *SOLVED* compiling errors with ovzkernel 2.6.16-026test009.1