OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » *SOLVED* Ubuntu VE + working IPv6
Re: Ubuntu VE + working IPv6 [message #25379 is a reply to message #25378] Fri, 21 December 2007 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
broquea is currently offline  broquea
curx wrote on Fri, 21 December 2007 03:50

Have you added the IPv6 Support, while the VE is running ?
so please (Re-)Start the VE.

Ok, clarifications:

IPv6 support was set in vz.conf before any VE was created.

I've restarted the Ubuntu VE several times, to no avail.
I've restarted the overall service a few times as well (/etc/init.d/vz).

IPv6 is working in the 3 RedHat based VEs.

IPv6 is not working in the Debian based Ubuntu VE.

It isn't an ip6tables issue because the ipv6 address isn't being applied to the interface.

I can manually configure the ipv6 address on the interface using ifconfig, without errors. However routing is another issue and I need to read more on the whole venet device a bit more to figure out what specific route statement was done under the RedHat based VEs, as it is working.

FC8 VE:
route -A inet6
Kernel IPv6 routing table
Destination                                 Next Hop                                Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
fe80::/64                                   *                                       U     256    0        0 venet0
*/0                                         *                                       U     1      0        0 venet0
::1/128                                     *                                       U     0      1        1 lo
a:b:c::d/128                                *                                       U     0      19       1 lo
ff00::/8                                    *                                       U     256    0        0 venet0

Ubuntu 7.10 VE (with manual configuration of address onto venet0):
route -A inet6
Kernel IPv6 routing table
Destination                                 Next Hop                                Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
fe80::/64                                   ::                                      U     256    0        0 venet0
::1/128                                     ::                                      U     0      9        1 lo
a:b:c::d/128                                ::                                      U     0      0        1 lo
ff00::/8                                    ::                                      U     256    0        0 venet0

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: disk quota exceeded problem at ve
Next Topic: Installation on VPS fails....
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Oct 02 20:12:33 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04994 seconds