OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Discussions » Video Streaming and graphics
Re: Video Streaming and graphics [message #25243 is a reply to message #25240] Tue, 18 December 2007 17:28 Go to previous message
adeeln is currently offline  adeeln
A couple of things....
If you just want to do network testing, there's a packet generator feature in the kernel you can enable which should be able to do your basic load testing. That, or you can use netcat in a client/server setup and just send yourself a large file, or the output from /dev/zero to get the same result. These approaches are probably easier than setting up a streaming server/X/etc. If you are adamant about streaming video, look into the VLC project, as they have documentataion and console support for video streaming.

If you want to get GUI inside a VE, there are a few options, and a couple are covered in the wiki ('X inside VE' i believe is the title). Depending upon your setup, it might be easier to use Xvnc, or you can setup XDM with the XDMCP enabled inside the VE's, and just point an X server to the appropriate IP.
I've been writing a howto for the latter (XDMCP) but its taking a little while to finish, but I believe I may have written a quickie in the 'X inside VE' article, which should be helpful.

Adeel

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: *SOLVED* Debian Etch kernel patch won't apply clean
Next Topic: Is openVZ using paravirtualization technique
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Oct 17 10:10:11 GMT 2024