OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Can not suspend VE: Resource temporarily unavailable
Re: Can not suspend VE: Resource temporarily unavailable [message #21915 is a reply to message #21877] Wed, 17 October 2007 21:29 Go to previous message
dowdle is currently offline  dowdle
I'm assuming you have nfs mounts inside of the VPS. I too have noticed that you can't do a live aka online migration of a VPS because of the lockd issue.

You CAN do an offline migration though... and that assumes you have the destination host node setup for NFS just like you had the source... but I'm assuming you do or you probably wouldn't have run into the lockd issue.

An alternative would be to go into programmer mode and alter the vzmigrate script and have it ignore the lockd error condition and keep going. I'm not sure what would happen in that case... nor have I looked at how difficult it would be to alter the vzmigrate shell script. The vzmigrate script seems to think that it should be the only one who has lockd processes and I'm not sure if that is a valid assumption or not.

Oh, that reminds me... I don't really have more than on VPS with NFS mounts on the same machine. I wonder if that is an issue or not?

--
TYL, Scott Dowdle
Belgrade, Montana, USA

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Munin: Extended Version for old system using user_beancounter.
Next Topic: put vz on another hd
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 15 22:42:39 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03851 seconds