OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » OpenVZ on x86_64: vzyum, vzpkgcache and vzrpm still broken?
OpenVZ on x86_64: vzyum, vzpkgcache and vzrpm still broken? [message #21902] Wed, 17 October 2007 18:45 Go to previous message
Master One is currently offline  Master One
The appropriate wiki page says:
Quote:

There is a known problem with vzpkg-2.7.0 and vzyum-2.4.0 in x86_64 computers: Vzyum, vzpkgcache and vzrpm are broken in 64 bit systems, so we are unable to create new cache templates in a x86_64 computer or update each VE using vzyum or vzrpm.

Note: The basic idea is to change the code in such a way that vzyum and vzrpm use the real yum and rpm to do the job, and also create new x86_64 paths required by the system.

I was just thinking of installing CentOS 5 x86_64 to try out OpenVZ, so is this info from the wiki still valid?

If the problem still exists, when will it be fixed?

OpenVZ surely makes most sense on a 64bit machine, and since I have a dual Xeon EM64T machine, I don't want to step back to a 32bit installation. With the vzyum workaround explained in that wiki article the missing common yum cache for all VE's is quite a downside.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: centos-5 x86_64 installation failes
Next Topic: See Trafic per VMs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Aug 12 13:18:40 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02792 seconds