OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Slow first ping to any VE IP? It's driving me crazy!
Re: Slow first ping to any VE IP? It's driving me crazy! [message #21721 is a reply to message #21682] Mon, 15 October 2007 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
tomfra is currently offline  tomfra
I have asked the same question at Experts Exchange and just today got a similar answer there. I was told to do:

c:\>arp -s <ip.add.res.s> <ma-ca-dd-re-ss>

I tried it from my home PC (Win XP) and it worked but the question is how do I make the cache record permament for every computer without needing each of them to run this command?

I thought I should do this on the hardware node itself and that this would perhaps do the trick but the linux command "arp" has apparently different syntax so I will have to take a look at that.

But shouldn't this all be done automatically?

There is one thing I should mention. I compiled the openvz kernel myself and there is a chance I could have done a mistake when doing so. For example I just found that I didn't compile it with "CONFIG_BRIDGE_EBT_ARP" and all the other EBT related options. Do you think this could be a part of the problem? I've just checked the kernel config for the default openvz kernel and it is included in there...

Tomas

Do you really believe the Internet is a safe place?
IdentityCloaker.com - Take Back Your Privacy!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message