OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » OpenVZ & Shorewall
Re: OpenVZ & Shorewall [message #2113 is a reply to message #2096] Mon, 20 March 2006 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
zoom is currently offline  zoom
There seems to be a problem somewhere. If I reboot the system and use my original kernel, then start shorewall everything seems fine. However, if I attempt to start shorewall using the OpenVZ kernel it doesn't complete and thus locks me out remotely.. I need to reboot, or shutdown shorewall with 'shorewall clear' in order to connect remotely again..

I know the problem isn't the shorewall settings since it works perfectly under the original kernel.. Initially I though it might be the iptable kernel modules, however I did a comparsion of both the modules loaded using the original kernel vs the OpenVZ kernel..

Both have the following modules enabled.

ipt_length
ipt_ttl
ipt_tcpmss
ipt_TCPMSS
iptable_mangle
iptable_filter
ipt_multiport
ipt_limit
ipt_tos
ipt_REJECT
ip_tables

I know that I can enable addition modules in /etc/sysconfig/iptables-config as per the documentation under advanced tasks ie: iptable_nat etc.. tried that and still nothing.

I'm not doing anything on the Hardware node that's complex, just providing a simple firewall using shorewall.. Any ideas??? anything else I should be checking???

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Fedora Core 5 (FC5) Template?
Next Topic: Can I create a template from an updated VPS?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 11 07:14:20 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05268 seconds