OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » CentOS 4.3 available (announcement soon I imagine)
Comparing OpenVZ, Xen, VMware and linux-vserver [message #2089 is a reply to message #2087] Sun, 19 March 2006 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dowdle is currently offline  dowdle
Err... for a comparison with Xen, see my comment here:

http://community.livejournal.com/openvz/2355.html

BTW, downloading FC5 right now (went through ALL of the FC mirrors and found a couple that were prematurely open)... Unfortunately, I don't have any FC4 VPSes at the moment to try and upgrade. Smile

Regarding VMware... I was an original purchaser of the 1.0 release... downloading it on the day it was released. Man, how many years ago was that? Anyway, I kept up with it for a couple of years (mostly to run Windows from inside of Linux)... but I have fallen behind as I no longer needed to run Windows inside Linux.

Recently though, I did download the VMware Player and try it out with a few Linux LiveCDs. Works great. It is rather annoying though to run VMware on Linux and have to rebuild the modules whenever a new kernel comes out. That's why I'm running VMware Player on Windows rather than Linux.

I use linux-vserver on a couple of Debian boxes at work... and it is so similiar to OpenVZ it is kinda spooky... although linux-vserver doesn't offer all of those resource parameters and has less tools.

--
TYL, Scott Dowdle
Belgrade, Montana, USA

[Updated on: Sun, 19 March 2006 16:22]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: vps's not working for internet only localy!
Next Topic: Fedora Core 5 (FC5) Template?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Oct 13 16:50:30 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05982 seconds