OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » configuration needed for P4 2GHz 1GB RAM and 2GB swap
Re: configuration needed for P4 2GHz 1GB RAM and 2GB swap [message #16024 is a reply to message #16020] Sat, 18 August 2007 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
locutius is currently offline  locutius
good to know Scott

the system is not unfriendly when you know it. but you must RTFM (pdf) to the last page. and i finally got there with some hand-holding from yourself, thanks

the wiki gives the impression of a fast start up which you can then run with and tune as you go. but that is not the reality because of the default configs which are conservative rather than generous. today i am editing my own templates and making my own configs but only by necessity, and if must be necessary, then the wiki must drive the n00b to it as fast as possible

the single blocker i hit was deep in the HN network config that could not have been solved from the documentation, the solution required knowledge from experience. i maintain this is a hole in the wiki because it is intuitive to map IPs to a HN NIC

ON TOPIC:

is this sane?

SHMPAGES="6553:6553"

i guessed to reduce the PRIVVMPAGES by a factor 10

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message