OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » IRC
Re: IRC [message #16006 is a reply to message #16002] Sat, 18 August 2007 18:44 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dowdle is currently offline  dowdle
I'd recommend the solution recommended in the OpenVZ Wiki:

Setting up an iptables firewall
http://wiki.openvz.org/Setting_up_an_iptables_firewall

Just edit the script to add the ports you want on your host node. For VPSes, just create a file for each VPS that specifies just what ports you want open and plop that into the /etc/firewall.d directory. Works rather well in my somewhat limited experience.

The only problem with this solution is that the firewall rules do not follow the VPS when it is migrated from one physical host to another... although I imagine anyone who wanted to could add that functionality to the vzmigrate script and check to see if a firewall file for the VPS exists (after coming up with a standard name for the VPS files... like VEID for example) and to migrate that as well... and then restart the firewall service on the destination machine after the migration is complete.

I doubt this functionality will ever become a stock part of vzmigrate or vzctl... because so many people have their own, usually custom, firewall setups.

--
TYL, Scott Dowdle
Belgrade, Montana, USA

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message