OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » *SOLVED* CentOS5 Template Metadata package?
Re: *SOLVED* CentOS5 Template Metadata package? [message #15907 is a reply to message #15902] Wed, 15 August 2007 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
tpso
Hi

I was the one that have described the pty problem earlier on this thread.

I have later found out that it is caused by some kind of error that occurs when running vzpkgcache. I have not been able find out what is wrong.

My original test - that gave the pty error - was when I ran vzpkgcache on a FC5 server behind a firewall (with squid proxy - which means no direct internet access). This test scenario gave me a template-cache from which I could create a VPS - but the VPS had the pty error.

On another location I tries the same with an FC6 server with direct internet access. The templatecache created here with vzpkgcahe work perfectly well.

I thought it was an FC5/FC6 issue, and tried to create the templatecache on a FC6 behind the squid-proxy. This image gave the same pty error in VPS on this FC6 server.

Then I tried to move the template-cache created on the FC6-server with direct internet-access to the original FC5 server behind firewall and squid-proxy. VPS's created from the template worked perfectly well, which out the pty error.

I'm still confused but happy that I don't have to patch any setup files, when using the "well-created" template.

If any one can cast light on this issue, it would be nice.

Any one that have experienced the pty problem can try to download my centos5-i386-minimal-template created from the FC6 with direct internet-access, and see if it works (no pty problem, vzyum working)

It is created from an unmodified version of Steve's template, and required Steve's template to be installed to run vzyum.

It can be found on http:/www.sonnet.dk/centos-5-i386-minimal.tar.gz

look forward to hear feedback.

/Tpso

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message