OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » *solved* OpenVZ on CentOS 5 network issues
Re: OpenVZ on CentOS 5 network issues [message #15837 is a reply to message #15836] Wed, 15 August 2007 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
locutius is currently offline  locutius
nice to meet you dowdle sincerely i do believe i have made contact (of course a sense of humour implant is required, only prob is a good one is expensive)

always zero documentation is better than bad documentation, especially documentation that looks so fine in a wiki format. i was reading all the other docs and thinking all the time "if i follow a new procedure how far away is it taking me from the basic install, what problems do i make for myself?". over time you will come to know me and trust that when i say i will return and post the n00b guide i will do it
____________________________________________________________ ____

DIARY OF A N00B

problem 1 with CentOS 5:

after editing /etc/sysctl.conf and setting net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1 then reboot CentOS 5 >>>

cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward = 0

when i perform service network restart >>

cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward = 1

conclusion: that is as bad as it gets, something between the kernel and the config files is broken

problem 2 with CentOS 5: ... 48 hours later i am still stuck on problem 1, nobody on the OpenZV forum understands me except this real nice guy dowdle. everyone else thinks i am nutz

Problem 3: i have abandoned CentOS 5 and installed CentOS 4.5 ... and now i learn from dowdle to expect the same behaviour from CentOS 4.5

please with your assistance i hope to get there

EDIT: dowdle you are correct, the Wiki installation delivers a CentOS 4.5 n00b a VE without a functioning network connection

now abandoning the installation guides and reverting to the user guide pdf

[Updated on: Wed, 15 August 2007 01:02]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message