OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » *SOLVED* CentOS5 Template Metadata package?
Re: *SOLVED* CentOS5 Template Metadata package? [message #15245 is a reply to message #12854] Tue, 24 July 2007 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
steve is currently offline  steve
OK, I've finally managed to get this to work. (If anything besides frustrating, it's made me appreciate the hard work that's gone into all of this.) After seeing posts from sspt getting the template metadata for CentOS 5 to work using the Fedora 5 package I started combing through the Fedora 5 package to see what was different. As it turns out, the only significant difference is that the dummy package is created so as to provide kernel 2.6.9 which is, of course, too old for many of the packages that come with CentOS 5. Simply changing the value in this package to 2.6.18 appears to work. I then worked my way through the remaining files changing references to CentOS 4 to CentOS 5. I also changed the rpm version from 4.3 to 4.4, updated the repo data, changed the GPG keys, and other small, mostly cosmetic changes.

I'm certainly not an rpm expert, but I have created a new rpm for CentOS 5 metadata. I have successfully installed it and created a CentOS 5 minimal cache file from it with no errors. Perhaps one of the developers can check it out and if it's OK I will be happy to contribute it. As it's only 129kb I've attached the rpm here.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message