OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » *BUG REPORTED* Migration problem with 2.6.18-028stab035
Re: Migration problem with 2.6.18-028stab035 [message #14863 is a reply to message #14858] Thu, 12 July 2007 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
draga is currently offline  draga
Vasily Tarasov wrote on Thu, 12 July 2007 06:30

Hello,

I filled the bug report http://bugzilla.openvz.org/show_bug.cgi?id=642 about the problem with tun device. It is really necessary to implement the migration of tun device! Smile

Great! It would be wonderful. Removed the tun devices I can migrate perfectly so it's great.

Quote:

As concerns moving 500Mb RAM... Do you really have so thick VE? Wink
Well, ususally the dump file is not so large. You can check it by performing:
vzctl chkpnt VEID --dumpfile <file>
ls -lh <file>

mmm...I'll see. I just notices it needed something like 10 minutes to be transferred via wireless (3/4 minutes using the -C option of scp so there's a gain...maybe the dump could be gzipped Smile)

Quote:

Usually the most time-consuming part of migrating is syncing of private area. You can compress this data by adding "-z" option to rsync in vzmigrate script, as we already discussed...

Yes, I did so. The private area takes some time to migrate but the good thing is that the machine is working so it's not a problem for me.

Quote:

Summary: Do you really think that the dump file is so big? (500+ Mb)

HTH,
Vasily

I'll check the dimensions. Yes, it's a thick machine! Smile
I'd like to move all the services to separate VEs, in time. But I'll need a long time to do it! Smile

Thank you!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: *SOLVED* VEs with different subnets
Next Topic: *SOLVED* Out of socket memory
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 11 09:17:43 GMT 2024