OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » *KNOWN ISSUE* VZquota and Shared VEs with NFS
Re: *KNOWN ISSUE* VZquota and Shared VEs with NFS [message #13728 is a reply to message #13726] Mon, 04 June 2007 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
seanfulton is currently offline  seanfulton
The article about DRBD just showed me how to set the mounts and links to use VZ on a shared drive.

I am using DRBD on two servers (A and B), but I want them both to actively share the storage along with a third server that will act as a hot stand-by. So A and B share the DRBD drive via NFS, A runs half the VEs, B runs the other half. The drive is also shared out to Machine C which monitors *all* the VEs and will take over for any that fail.

The DRBD article only uses one active server and one stand-by. The DRBD-NFS-HA solution theoretically lets me run two servers with one stand-by.

I was using the stock RHEL kernel. The entire /vz partition was on NFS, and it was the RPM database inside the VE that was corrupted. So yes, it was on the NFS share. Is 34 out yet?

I looked into other ways of sharing network mirrored storage out to the network, specifically GFS, but I couldn't find any good documentation or reports of wide-spread use. The DRBD-NFS-HA solution seems to be in wide-spread use, so I chose that. Using VZ over DRBD provided a means to "share" the VZ data, so I used that as well.

If you know of or can recommend a better setup, I would be glad to try it. The real object here is to have multiple primary servers with one stand-by ready to take-over at any time.

sean

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: *SOLVED* OpenVZ with Xen support