OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » *KNOWN ISSUE* VZquota and Shared VEs with NFS
Re: *KNOWN ISSUE* VZquota and Shared VEs with NFS [message #13717 is a reply to message #13550] Mon, 04 June 2007 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
seanfulton is currently offline  seanfulton
I'm not so sure any of this is stable on NFS.

Over the weekend I switched to NFS4. I used both the 33 kernel and the older 31 kernel. Just installing packages into the VZ I repeatedly corrupted the RPM databases, so badly that I have had to completely erase the VE and start over. Three times in fact. I thought it might be bad RPMS, but that doesn't appear to be the case. I've done benchark tests writing to the NFS share and it seems to be stable.

I removed the NFS drive, re-installed everything VZ using local storage. Everything worked fine. Installed RPMS that had given me trouble on NFS with no problem.

Then I re-mounted the NFS drive onto /vz, copied all of the directories in, restarted, everything worked fine. Then this morning I installed the mysql-server RPM and it whacked the RPM database.

BTW: My NFS "Drive" is in /share/disk1. I tried both: ln -s /share/disk1/vz /vz and mount --bind /share/disk1/vz /vz and both seem to have the same results.

Is there any documentation or suggestions from anyone who has VZ running on NFS? This is turning out to be way harder than I thought it would be. Turning of VZQuota is not a big deal, but if it's going to corrupt data on the VE, I need to find another network filesystem or use another approach.

Any ideas?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: *SOLVED* OpenVZ with Xen support