OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » *UPDATED* networking Problem venet / veth
Re: networking Problem venet / veth [message #10338 is a reply to message #10335] Thu, 15 February 2007 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dasicebaer
Vasily Tarasov wrote on Thu, 15 February 2007 12:39

1. Produce eth0 configuration inside VE by means, that are template-specific. I mean, you should add appropriate IP/route information in certain configuration files. For example, in gentoo there is a file: /etc/conf.d/net. If you add there
    config_eth0=( "192.168.0.2/24" )
    eth0 interface in VE will be automatically configured. In a similar manner the routing configuration in VE should be made.

okay, in debian there's /etc/network/interfaces, where all interfaces are defined. This one gets overwritten by /etc/vz/conf/dists/scripts/debian-add_ip.sh. Since the interfaces.template-file is included before the dynamincally created interfacesentries, I can't remove interfaces. I notice, that the script doesn't care about veth at all, so it should be rewritten (yup, I'll do that now).

Could you just clarify when the script is called in the init-process?

Quote:

1. In the last vzctl version vznecfg script is able to call external script $EXTERNAL_SCRIPT, that should be mentioned in /etc/vz/vznet.conf. In this script you should tune appropriate routing on VE0.

Actually a Wiki-page should be written on this subject. May be you? Smile We'll ve appreciate to you Smile

I'll happily do so, as soon as I got everything working. Wink

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: *SOLVED* Console Messages?
Next Topic: *SOLVED* Time difference between hwnode and vps
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Oct 12 21:52:47 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07655 seconds