OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Problem with install
Problem with install [message #9998] Sun, 04 February 2007 01:35 Go to next message
dedivps is currently offline  dedivps
Hello,
I’m having a little trouble on installing openvz

I get the following error:

grubby fatal error: unable to find a suitable template

Installed: ovzkernel.i686 0:2.6.9-023stab040.1
Complete!

The Kernel currently installed on the server is centos 2.6.9-42.0.8.EL

Help is more then welcome.

Best Regards,
Ryan
Re: Problem with install [message #10001 is a reply to message #9998] Sun, 04 February 2007 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
victorskl is currently offline  victorskl
do you follow every single step of wiki installation instruction? with centos it should be no issue so far. may try re-install or try on mailing list also.

http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-user.png
Re: Problem with install [message #10013 is a reply to message #9998] Mon, 05 February 2007 10:19 Go to previous message
Vasily Tarasov is currently offline  Vasily Tarasov
Hello,

As far as I understand, this is pretty harmless message.

OpenVZ kernel rpm packet uses grubby utility during installation to add a boot record to /boot/grub.conf or /boot/menu.lst. This record should contain arguments to be passed to the kernel while booting and grubby gets these arguments from other records in grub.conf (menu.lst). grubby calls this arguments "template". While searching "template" grubby do some sanity checks, that can fail for various reasons. This happens in your case. Note, grubby "template" is not related to OpenVZ templates. You can get more information on grubby's man-page.

So, the only thing you need to do is to check grub.conf for proper record for OpenVZ kernel.

HTH,
Vasily.
Previous Topic: Newbie
Next Topic: Memory problem, please help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 09 15:36:04 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04404 seconds