OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » *SOLVED* kernel: TCP: time wait bucket table overflow
*SOLVED* kernel: TCP: time wait bucket table overflow [message #9549] Tue, 09 January 2007 11:27 Go to next message
bjmg is currently offline  bjmg

Hello!

We get the following message quite often on our hardware node:
kernel: TCP: time wait bucket table overflow
Another Thread/Message that describes this problem can be found here:
http://forum.openvz.org/index.php?t=msg&goto=7066
The problem is that there is no answer that could help solving the problem.
Maybe now is the right time to solve that problem. Wink

What I want to know is whether that message is important or not. Maybe someone can also give an advice on how to solve that problem.
btw. Our hardware node is under high load (cpu wise and traffic wise) and only runs on VE.
I can provide as many configuration information as you want.

I really hope someone can help us fixing that annoying problem.

Thank you

Bernhard
gesichterparty.de

[Updated on: Thu, 15 February 2007 10:19] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: kernel: TCP: time wait bucket table overflow [message #10310 is a reply to message #9549] Wed, 14 February 2007 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shushry is currently offline  shushry
I'd like to bump this issue. We're running 2.6.18-ovz028test007.1-smp, and seeing lots of the same message.

High traffic box, but not particularly high cpu.

A problem we're seeing alot is if any vz hits it's tcprcvbuf limit, and failcnt's on that parameter, the entire box (hw node) will not accept any tcp connections (i.e., ssh into my hardware node), and has to be bounced.

Anyone seen similar issues, regarding tcp sockets in any way, and how you might have tuned this better?
Re: kernel: TCP: time wait bucket table overflow [message #10325 is a reply to message #9549] Thu, 15 February 2007 10:05 Go to previous message
Vasily Tarasov is currently offline  Vasily Tarasov
Hello,

This problem is not serious, but it will be fixed in next kernel. Look at bug: http://bugzilla.openvz.org/show_bug.cgi?id=460

HTH,
Vasily.
Previous Topic: *SOLVED* Etch Packages from debian.systs.org broken?
Next Topic: explain kmemsize
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Aug 09 07:18:29 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02919 seconds