OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Can HN be used as router for the entire network?
Can HN be used as router for the entire network? [message #8579] Mon, 27 November 2006 13:06 Go to next message
zenny
I want to make a Host Node nat+firewall+router for the entire local network with a portion of them DMZed. How is that achievable in a home network?

Currently I have a network like this based on CentOS4:

DSLModem->WirelessRouter-->connected simultaneously to-->>VoIPServerWithWebInterface-->>WebServerBasedOnOpenVZ-- >>LocalNetwork (wireless and wired both)

Do I need to change the network like this to make the HN as a router and firewall to the entire local network?

DSLModem->WebServerBasedOnOpenVZwithHostNodeServing as Router-->>WirelessRouterForLocalNetwork-->connected simultaneously to-->>VoIPServerWithWebInterface-->>LocalNetwork (wireless and wired both)

Please advise which firewall or router is ideal for such environment except iptables. Thanks.

[Updated on: Tue, 28 November 2006 06:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Can HN be used as router for the entire network? [message #8588 is a reply to message #8579] Tue, 28 November 2006 06:46 Go to previous message
zenny
I tried and could make the router talk to the gateway machine (of which the HN would be serving as the nat+router+firewall) which hosts OpenVZ. The gateway machine and the other machines connected to physcial router could reach other. But the problem is the router and the local network behind refuses to conenct to the internet.

Help solicited and thanks in advance.
Previous Topic: Best setup with lvm?
Next Topic: How to install OpenVZ on Ubuntu ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 27 18:35:10 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03891 seconds