OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » *SOLVED* Open SuSe template creation
*SOLVED* Open SuSe template creation [message #8089] Tue, 07 November 2006 10:46 Go to next message
sreeram is currently offline  sreeram
hi all,

I was wondering why there was no template metadata for Suse.
I did browse through the forum and found out that there were problems. I want to know what exactly are the problems(hope I am not asking for too much )
And if not from metadata and vzpkg, how do u create a SuSe template? (I mean how was the precreated SuSe template available created?)

Regards,
Sreeram Kandimalla

[Updated on: Tue, 07 November 2006 19:43] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Open SuSe template creation [message #8092 is a reply to message #8089] Tue, 07 November 2006 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kir is currently offline  kir

The problem is openSUSE repositories does not contain repodata for new yum versions, that is why we can not use vzpkgtools. Another problem is in openSUSE some needed package interdependencies are absent, thus yum can not install the system from scratch in one run.

So you can use precreated template cache for openSUSE which I have created manually. Unfortunately there are no instructions of how to create it -- perhaps I will provide it later on the wiki.

Kir Kolyshkin
http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-developer.png
Re: Open SuSe template creation [message #8093 is a reply to message #8092] Tue, 07 November 2006 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thank you for the prompt reply
Re: Open SuSe template creation [message #8524 is a reply to message #8092] Thu, 23 November 2006 06:40 Go to previous message
Hi,

Kir when can we expect to see the article in wiki ( about the openSUSE template creation ). Kind of need it....so please do look into it.

regards,
Sreeram Kandimalla
Previous Topic: *SOLVED* IP forwarding
Next Topic: FC6
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 10 08:26:13 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02663 seconds