OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » newb: creating "windows 2003" template on openVZ
newb: creating "windows 2003" template on openVZ [message #784] Tue, 10 January 2006 19:22 Go to next message
hq4ever is currently offline  hq4ever
Hello,

I've just today discovered this project, which is like XEN but different Razz

I'm was wondering if it's possible to run the MS/OS on this platform ?

Thank you for reading,
Maxim.
Re: newb: creating "windows 2003" template on openVZ [message #786 is a reply to message #784] Wed, 11 January 2006 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
devnu11 is currently offline  devnu11

OpenVZ is strictly Linux, no Win2K3... Try Linux, you will never go back to Winbloz.. And... It's FREE. Take a look at Mandrake or I guess now it's called Mandriva. That's supposed to be easier for beginners. If you want a preview download Knoppix Linux. Its a file you burn to a CD-R and then just put it in your cdrom drive and reboot the computer. It won't write over your current data as long as you don't do something really foolish like tell it to install. If you should like Knoppix and want to install it you could although I have never done anything other than boot it to test it out.

**Edit** The commercial version of OpenVZ, called Virtuozzo does have windows capability. But again, it's a "pay for" product

Just Because You Have One, Doesn't Mean You Have To Be One!

[Updated on: Wed, 11 January 2006 00:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: newb: creating "windows 2003" template on openVZ [message #787 is a reply to message #784] Wed, 11 January 2006 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rsaylor is currently offline  rsaylor
Windows ukk, linux is better, faster and more secure. Get a book on linux at your local book store. You will thank us in the long run.
Re: newb: creating "windows 2003" template on openVZ [message #788 is a reply to message #787] Wed, 11 January 2006 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johan_hammy is currently offline  johan_hammy
*sigh*
Re: newb: creating "windows 2003" template on openVZ [message #794 is a reply to message #787] Wed, 11 January 2006 18:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hq4ever is currently offline  hq4ever
grow up !
Re: newb: creating "windows 2003" template on openVZ [message #884 is a reply to message #784] Wed, 18 January 2006 00:47 Go to previous message
aistis is currently offline  aistis

hey.. dosemu does this already and perfectly (i guess), why would openvz project even think about virtualizing dos environment? Confused

I think you'd like to look here:
http://openvz.org/documentation/tech/virtualization

and here:
http://openvz.org/documentation/tech/usage-scenarios

cheers,
aistis

Aistis Zenkevicius
http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-user.png
Previous Topic: Private IPs not working
Next Topic: Howto create own templates
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 21 23:20:09 GMT 2024