OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » *SOLVED* Masquerade and OVZ in IPCOP ?
Re: Masquerade and OVZ in IPCOP ? [message #7606 is a reply to message #7605] Wed, 18 October 2006 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gwondaleya
Hello,

seems that iptables 1.3.5 (from slackware distrib) is OK for the job and do not produce the error !!
Have to check that thoroughly now, to see if my ipcop box is OK and work ok with a guest Smile

The drawback is that this new iptable binary doesn't seems to work OK with the old kernel....
Have to make a "nice" package of the mods i made on the ipcop to get the thing working and document it.
I know that this solution is not as "nice" as having a true DMZ server and a firewall, but well, for a personal web server/firewall, it is an economic way of doing, with a rather good security (attack of the web site should be contained in the guest domains...i hope) instead of all-in-one firewall/mail/web servers

Another way (more secured ?) is probably to have an ipcop running in a guest, and web/mail/dns in other(s) guest(s), but so far i have been unable to "guest-ify" the ipcop distrib..doesn't want to start....

Thanks for helps

Jo

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: *SOLVED* SSH with single ip address?
Next Topic: *SOLVED* No parallel port on VE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 31 16:25:39 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02723 seconds