OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Intermitent freeze at "initializing hardware... storage network audio"
Intermitent freeze at "initializing hardware... storage network audio" [message #7334] Wed, 11 October 2006 09:39 Go to previous message
fgomes is currently offline  fgomes
I have a server with Dual Opteron CPU using CentOS 4.4 with OpenVZ RHEL4 kernel (ovzkernel-smp-2.6.9-023stab016.2.x86_64.rpm).
After some initial problems to put everything working in 64 bits (it was the first 64 bit linux I install), now I manage to have several VEs running well and stable. The problem that I found lately is that the system sometimes hangs when booting the hardware node (about 50% or less of the boot times), at "initializing hardware... storage network audio". I usualy reset it and enter in interactive boot and it always boot normaly when using interactive boot.
What can I do to diagnose this hanging problem?
What exactly does it mean ""initializing hardware... storage network audio"? The system has no audio... It is a server board and transport from Tyan - Tiger K8SSA (S3870) - http://www.tyan.com/products/html/tigerk8ssa.html
Another doubt I have is if it can be related with the kernel used. I'm using RHEL 4 kernel, because is the most similar to the CentOS 4.4 (I think), am I correct, or should I change to the OpenVZ stable kernel (ovzkernel-smp-2.6.8-022stab078.21.x86_64.rpm)?

Thanks for all your help!

Fernando

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: *SOLVED* Asterisk inside VPS slow
Next Topic: *SOLVED* openvz repo down?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 21 15:37:32 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02341 seconds