OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » *SOLVED* Create FC5 VPSs on a RHEL4 box?
*SOLVED* Create FC5 VPSs on a RHEL4 box? [message #6974] Thu, 28 September 2006 22:09 Go to next message
jason|xoxide is currently offline  jason|xoxide
Is it possible to create a VPS running FC5 on a host with RHEL4 or CentOS4?

I'd think so, but I've yet to be able to get 'vzpkgcache' to build a package cache. Any thoughts?

[Updated on: Fri, 29 September 2006 06:31] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Create FC5 VPSs on a RHEL4 box? [message #6977 is a reply to message #6974] Fri, 29 September 2006 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HaroldB is currently offline  HaroldB
Quote:

I'd think so, but I've yet to be able to get 'vzpkgcache' to build a package cache. Any thoughts?

Can you send us the exact command you are running, the kernel version, and the error message? Whenever reporting any technical problem, its ideal to include a method for others to duplicate the problem on their end. If this is not possible, such that you have some specific scenario, you will need to provide as much background information as possible.
Re: Create FC5 VPSs on a RHEL4 box? [message #6978 is a reply to message #6974] Fri, 29 September 2006 02:26 Go to previous message
jason|xoxide is currently offline  jason|xoxide
I'm at home now so I don't have the error messages. I know that the builds of the "default" template were failing because of conflicting packages.

In any case, I forced vzpkgcache to build only fedora-core-5-i386-minimal and that worked just fine. That was all I really wanted anyway.

Previous Topic: problems when assigning ram to the VPS
Next Topic: *SOLVED* which kernel version shud i install ??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 21 05:32:47 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02286 seconds