OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » *SOLVED* startup scripts, network setup
*SOLVED* startup scripts, network setup [message #6498] Tue, 19 September 2006 11:28 Go to previous message
szocske is currently offline  szocske
Hi!

I am looking for any documentation (preferably something comprehensive like the old PDF manual, which seems outdated in this regard) on the VPE startup mechanisms, and the scripts involved.
My current suspicion about the startup mechanism is the following:

On vzctl start VEID, the file /etc/vz/conf/VEID.conf is consulted for config options. One of these is "OSTEMPLATE", in my case with value "debian-3.1-i386-minimal".

Prefix matching is done on this string with the filenames in /etc/vz/dists/*.conf. In my case, debian-3.1.conf is the best match. It contains further config options, like ADD_IP or POST_CREATE, which contain script names, relative to the path /etc/vz/dists/scripts.

On these events, the corresponding scripts are run inside the given virtual environment.

So, the question is: is the above correct? What is the VEID.start script I have been advised to use, and where is it supposed to be placed?
Second: Where can I configure what scripts to run on the host machine (or HW node, excuse my Xenism...) on VE startup? I must add veth-s to a bridge.

Thanks for all the help and the great product:

Gabor Szokoli

[Updated on: Tue, 19 September 2006 14:02]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: QM_MODULES function not implemented -> install module-init-tools!
Next Topic: *SOLVED* How many veth can we create?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Oct 01 22:09:17 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03778 seconds