OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » *SOLVED* too many of orphaned sockets
Re: too many of orphaned sockets [message #5776 is a reply to message #5753] Wed, 30 August 2006 13:47 Go to previous message
hvdkamer is currently offline  hvdkamer
Well, despite which kernel, I think your explanation is stille the right one. Because now I know that it is a 1/4 of the barier, I did manage to sqeeuze the maximum out of a very minimal VE Smile.

First parameter I forgot is tuning the TCP sockets of the proxy Lighttpd server. It uses two for every request. One from him to the visitor and one to the correct, internal miniserver. That one could go to 32 simultanous connections, so I scaled the first to 64 (it was 48).

My next assumption was that probably every concurrent connection in the Apache benchmark could give an orpahed connection. That explains probably why with -c 10 it goes most of the time alriight and with 12 the 1/4 of 48 is reached. And indeed I found out that every increase in the -c parameter must raise the barrier of the proxy VE. With that I could go as high as -c 28 (because that raised the maxheld to 31 Smile) if I set it to 112:64. That one is illegal according to vzcfgvalidate, but you can still set it.

So the only question remaining is why 1/4? They above experiment suggests 1/2. Anyway, I now know what the warning is about and that it is nothing more than that. Thanks for the explanation. It would be great if more of this knowledge is summearized somewehre in the wiki. I saw something about memory, but not this kind of stuff. May be I must start the page myself Smile.

Henk van de Kamer
auteur Het Lab
http://www.hetlab.tk/

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: root@176 [/vz/template/cache]# Warning: Set default for centos-4-i386
Next Topic: virt_osrelease
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 10:33:57 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02318 seconds