OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » How to setup networking ?
How to setup networking ? [message #561] Tue, 20 December 2005 04:56 Go to next message
rsaylor is currently offline  rsaylor
Hi, well I've been playing with OpenVZ for a couple of days now. I got everything working, got a VPS setup and can ssh into it from the local server. However, I just do not know how to get it to talk through the ethernet device. I set the IP through vz, added a hostname, etc, etc.

Does anybody have a walkthrough to get the VPS IP's to resolve? I did not home the IP to the box, when I do that the box takes over the IP's and not the VPS. I also made sure ssh on the main server was binded to the main server IP.

Any sugestions? I really want to use this program as it is the solution I need to setup VPS servers.
Re: How to setup networking ? [message #562 is a reply to message #561] Tue, 20 December 2005 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kir is currently offline  kir

So as I understand your VPSs are not available from outside. Could it be the case that you have forgot to enable ip forwarding?

Make sure that
cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
shows 1. If not, you can do
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
to fix the problem immediately.

For proper fix, see Quick Install article, or User's Guide (look for 'Sysctl configuration').

Kir Kolyshkin
http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-developer.png
Re: How to setup networking ? [message #566 is a reply to message #562] Tue, 20 December 2005 12:20 Go to previous message
rsaylor is currently offline  rsaylor
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Previous Topic: Debian port
Next Topic: Install openvz remotely, NIC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Oct 12 15:21:51 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06218 seconds