OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » *SOLVED* VPS has no IP after reboot and /etc/rc.d/vz start...
*SOLVED* VPS has no IP after reboot and /etc/rc.d/vz start... [message #5491] Mon, 21 August 2006 20:33 Go to next message
disaster is currently offline  disaster
Hi!

I've created my own template from a Debin Sarge 3.1 install.

Now if I do a /etc/rc.d/vz start after reboot my VPS has no IP.

vzctl enter ID
and then ifconfig outputs nothing

if i do then a
vzctl set ID --ipdel all --save
vzctl set ID --ipadd IP --save

everything works fine.

I can also do a /etc/rc.d/vz stop and then a start again... then it works without any problem. Only directly after reboot of the host system it does not work.

Any idea?

Stefan

[Updated on: Tue, 22 August 2006 07:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: VPS has no IP after reboot and /etc/rc.d/vz start... [message #5505 is a reply to message #5491] Tue, 22 August 2006 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vasily Tarasov is currently offline  Vasily Tarasov
Am I right, that this happens only on VEs, where ONBOOT="yes"?

You can explore the behaviour of /etc/vz/dists/scripts/debian-add_ip.sh. I mean add some `echo`s, etc., to undestand why this happens. This script is executed by vzctl while starting VE and is responsable for adding IP addresses inside VE with debian template.

HTH,
vass.
Re: VPS has no IP after reboot and /etc/rc.d/vz start... [message #5507 is a reply to message #5491] Tue, 22 August 2006 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi!

Correct - it only happens, when onboot is yes. If i set onboot = no. And do a vzctl start ID after vz start.

Everything works fine. So it must be a bug in /etc/rc.d/vz, is it?

Stefan

Re: VPS has no IP after reboot and /etc/rc.d/vz start... [message #5508 is a reply to message #5507] Tue, 22 August 2006 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vasily Tarasov is currently offline  Vasily Tarasov
Yeap, looks like something is wrong there or near it...
I haven't checked it carefully yet.
If it's possible for you, please, can you fill a bug in bugzilla with description of situation and link to your post in forum.
And vzctl version of course! Smile

Thanks!

[Updated on: Tue, 22 August 2006 07:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: *SOLVED* VPS has no IP after reboot and /etc/rc.d/vz start... [message #5510 is a reply to message #5491] Tue, 22 August 2006 07:47 Go to previous message
Ok i solved the problem - while debugging add_ip script for debian.

The problem was, that we start /etc/rc.d/vz not via the normal init. We start it through a special script and perhaps some path parameters were not set correctly at this moment. I've now added the script to the normal bootup process => rc.d/rcx.d/S20vz etc... now it works perfectly.

So sorry - my fault.

Previous Topic: Install CPANEL
Next Topic: performance loss after update
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 23:02:42 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02299 seconds