OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » How to boot from openvz .iso?
How to boot from openvz .iso? [message #52901] Thu, 27 July 2017 08:48 Go to next message
slrslr is currently offline  slrslr
Hello,

on CentOS 7.3.1611 (core) (3.10.0-514.26.2) i am trying to create working boot menu entry so the server will run the netinstall .iso image @ boot time. I do not know more simple / better way to run it being unable to upload via IPMI.

The ISO is: /boot/openvz-iso-7.0.4-698-netinstall.iso (in /dev/sda2), its structure:

EFI
-BOOT (BOOTx64.efi, grub.cfg, grubx64.efi)
images (efiboot.img)
-grub (grub.cfg)
--i386-pc (...)
--themes (...)
---virtuozzo (...)
--x86_64-efi (...)
-pxeboot (initrd.img, upgrade.img, vmlinuz)
LiveOS (osmin.img, squashfs.img)

i edited /etc/grub.d/40_custom

Quote:
menuentry 'Install OpenVZ 7.0.4 (698)' --class fedora --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os {
linux /images/pxeboot/vmlinuz inst.stage2=hd:LABEL=openvz-iso-7.0.4-698 quiet ip=dhcp
initrd /images/pxeboot/initrd.img
}

(i also tried: set isofile="/boot/openvz-iso-7.0.4-698-netinstall.iso")

and then saved by "grub2-mkconfig" and reboot, but i never see the menu entry, i see only default ones.

Please what should i add into /etc/grub.d/40_custom or what is the most simple way to mount that netinstall iso @ boot?

I do not have physical access, just SSH and IPMI where IPMI somehow can't upload the iso (speed too slow).

Thank You
Re: How to boot from openvz .iso? [message #53013 is a reply to message #52901] Wed, 18 October 2017 09:45 Go to previous message
DarrenSmith is currently offline  DarrenSmith
If you have restarted your server with the grub.conf design appeared above, at that point I presume your server is booting from the other drive which has a seperate duplicate of grub introduced.
Check your plate design, and you can either change the drive arrange in your Profiles or refresh grub's inside data.
Check/boot/grub/device.map to see which drives are set to boot
Have a look, if it is that necessary you can write my essay by default like here : grub -> grub> root (hd0,0) -> grub> setup (hd0) -> grub> quit
Previous Topic: How to update?
Next Topic: Two minor issues with Debian 9 (Stretch) installation.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 16 19:34:50 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04714 seconds