OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » OpenVZ 7 - should I upgrade?
Re: OpenVZ 7 - should I upgrade? [message #52768 is a reply to message #52766] Fri, 10 March 2017 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
samiam123 is currently offline  samiam123
I think ploop is the only way to go in OVZ7 containers. simfs support is there but basically deprecated with no more development. I think they already said it will not be there next major version change. It has been very reliable for me and makes things very easy to administer so I am sad to see that go.

That link talking about ploop problems is from 2015. I would be interested in a more current assessment since ploop has been under very active development the past 2 years.

The problem with unprivileged in CE7 appears to have more to do with systemd and some missing packages. So I think that will be there eventually.

Bottom line is neither LXC or OVZ7 appear ready yet. It's still not clear which direction everyone is going. OVZ7 basic DNA is more mature so I think it will be ready before LXC v1 is. It will be even longer before LXC v2 and LXD are ready.

[Updated on: Fri, 10 March 2017 17:48]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Kernel of Openvz7 support DRBD
Next Topic: openvz-diff-backups: a file-based incremental backup tool (Beta Testers Welcome!)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 11 22:10:19 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05557 seconds