OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Virtuozzo 7 Beta Program » How do I migrate a SIMFS container in Virtuozzo 7? (container migration simfs)
How do I migrate a SIMFS container in Virtuozzo 7? [message #52415] Wed, 25 May 2016 17:37
jochum is currently offline  jochum
Hi All:

Back in OpenVZ, to migrate a container from one machine to another, I would do the following:

vzctl stop <container ID>
rsync -avHP /vz/private/<container ID> root@newhost-openvz:/vz/private
rsync -avHP /etc/sysconfig/vz-scripts/<container ID>.conf root@newhost-openvz:/etc/sysconfig/vz-scripts

and then, the machine newhost-openvz would be able to see the new container with the command "vzlist -a"

In Virtuozzo 7, I have tried the following (note, my containers use SIMFS, setup in the file /etc/vz/vz.conf with the line: "VEFSTYPE=simfs")
prlctl stop <container name>
rsync -avHP /vz/private/<container UID> root@newhost-vz7:/vz/private
rsync -avHP /vz/root/<container UID> root@newhost-vz7:/vz/root
rsync -avHP /vz/lock/<container UID>.lck root@newhost-vz7:/vz/lock
rsync -avHP /etc/vz/conf/<container UID>.conf root@newhost-vz7:/etc/vz/conf
rsync -avHP /etc/vz/names/<container name> root@newhost-vz7:/etc/vz/names

But, I am still missing something. I have found that the "vzlist -a" command shows the new container on newhost,-vz7 but "prlctl list -a" does not show it.

Any suggestions on what I can look for? Have I missed copying/updating a file, or is prlctl reading something else (a database, a memory location, etc?) to know which containers exist on a box? (and if it is, is there a way to update the info at that location?)

thanks,

Paul
Previous Topic: Internet in containers
Next Topic: Virtuozzo 7 Beta Starting Page
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 04 08:27:22 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05353 seconds