OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » cannot login after installing XFCE desktop remotely in Fedora 22 (why can't i login?)
Re: cannot login after installing XFCE desktop remotely in Fedora 22 [message #52308 is a reply to message #52307] Wed, 27 January 2016 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ura_Soul is currently offline  ura_Soul
thanks for responding here. i can start a fedora 22 or fedora 23 VM without issues, yes.
and yes, until i install X2goserver (which installs firewallD) i can reboot and login again without problem, yes.
your understanding is accurate.

after running uname -a, i see the version is:

2.6.32-042stab113.11

Quote:
what new services are set to run after you install XFCE and x2goserver that are not running before?

the only packages and services that are installed and thus set to run after i install XFCE are those added by installing XFCE, which is a LONG list.. too many to easily type out here. Network manager is in there and firewall-config, lots of libraries and many other packages i don't know much about.

i did just run a test of installing firewallD before i installed XFCE and i could reboot and login ok, so it is not just firewallD / ebtables on their own that are causal here. the problem occurs whether or not i install x2goserver.

Quote:
after it becomes unreachable, can your VM be entered by using vzctl from the node?

i do not have access to the node as i am a user of a webserver that is run by a third party, so i am not able to directly answer your question here. i can access the server via the 'emergency console' access that is provided by the host's control panel, so the VM is not totally unreachable - if that is what you are wanting to know.

Read Message icon4.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Debian 6 = vzquota + insserv errors
Next Topic: Virt-manager
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Aug 13 10:52:38 GMT 2024