OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » OpenVz HA with common repository without DRBD
OpenVz HA with common repository without DRBD [message #51134] Thu, 20 February 2014 14:09 Go to next message
topgunx1 is currently offline  topgunx1
Hello everybody,

First of all thanks for this forum and your precious help that you would give me!

I have a question for you.
This is my scenario:

2 Nodes (Host A and Host B) on which there is installed OpenVz,that I will link via Fiber Channel to a SAN (common repository).
If one of 2 nodes crashes, I would want that the VE of the node down can migrate towards the second host.

Another requirement is that I don't want to use DRBD because I want to save all on my SAN.

How can realize this in practise?
Is OpenVZ thought for do this?
Does it require the use of GFS?

And the last question: is there anyone who have realized this kind of structure?

Thanks in advance.
Re: OpenVz HA with common repository without DRBD [message #51153 is a reply to message #51134] Wed, 26 February 2014 19:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paparaciz
if anyone did this it was completly custom build.
but I don't think that it would be hard to do so.
also it depends what you mean HN is crashed.

some monitoring scripts can just check other host and in case of some failure mount needed partition/partitions, start CT's

in case HN is predicted failure, than script which checks self HN can than checkpoint, copy/move checkpoint to other HN, stop vz, unmount effective partitions, init needed actions in other HN to work properly(mount partitions?), and than do restore of CT in other HN. as for checkpointing/restoring in other HN take a look to "vzmigrate" script.

of course you need somehow sync CT config files.

btw, i'm not in openvz team, but saw they are advertising as a demo of parallels cloud storage solution:
https://wiki.openvz.org/Parallels_Cloud_Storage

but for me it has very unpleasant limitations, as example only 100GB for CT's
Re: OpenVz HA with common repository without DRBD [message #51156 is a reply to message #51153] Thu, 27 February 2014 10:00 Go to previous message
topgunx1 is currently offline  topgunx1
Hello Paparaciz,

first of all thanks for your reply.
I will read with many attention the link you have suggested me and I will ask you/comumnity if I will have other doubts.

Best Regards.
Previous Topic: memory problem only in a VM
Next Topic: [solved] vzdump - failed, rsync exit code 12,
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Oct 06 23:59:37 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04813 seconds