OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Need help/solution to create a hybrid SSD/HDD container with quotas
Need help/solution to create a hybrid SSD/HDD container with quotas [message #51124] Sun, 16 February 2014 16:22 Go to next message
reallife is currently offline  reallife
I have recently created a CT on /vz which is on the main partition which is on SSD

i then bind mounted into the CT a folder from another drive (HDD) under /vz/root/xx/home2

i tried mounting 3 ways:
mount --bind
mount -n -t simfs
in the vz config: xx.mount

and also in main machine /ert/fstab to mount ext4 with quotas into the /vz/root/xx/home2

none of the above ways allows the CPanel inside the CT to detect quotas on the bind mounted folder or partition.

is there a known method of combining a separate drive/partition into a CT while having journaled quotas on it enabled?

one main LVM is not feasable in this case because i want the OS on ssd and only the /home2 dir on HDD (with quotas enabled)

kernel: 2.6.32-042stab084.20
Re: Need help/solution to create a hybrid SSD/HDD container with quotas [message #51709 is a reply to message #51124] Fri, 17 October 2014 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kamranonline is currently offline  kamranonline
Hi,

Did you find any solutions ?
Re: Need help/solution to create a hybrid SSD/HDD container with quotas [message #51710 is a reply to message #51709] Sat, 18 October 2014 06:04 Go to previous message
reallife is currently offline  reallife
no solutions found so far.
i ended up reversing the logic:
- you can mount the HDD drive under /vz/ and move all your vz containers onto the new mount
- then have a folder from the SSD bind mounted into the VZ/var/mysql and just have all the databases on SSD
- mysql usage is then calculated not from quota but from mysql (separate setting from Cpanel)

i would have liked to have the whole OS on ssd but it is not possible due to how OpenVZ works.
Previous Topic: Can I compile OpenVZ kernel on ARM?
Next Topic: OpenVZ
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Aug 24 23:21:39 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03274 seconds