OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » find: WARNING: Hard link count is wrong for /proc/1
find: WARNING: Hard link count is wrong for /proc/1 [message #5109] Fri, 11 August 2006 15:35 Go to next message
jbwiv is currently offline  jbwiv
Guys,

Running Debian and Fedora (cores 4 and 5) VEs on top of Debian Sarge.

If I do a find / -print on a Debian VE, it works fine with no error messages or warnings, but in Fedora, I get:

find: WARNING: Hard link count is wrong for /proc/1: this may be a bug in your filesystem driver. Automatically turning on find's -noleaf option. Earlier results may have failed to include directories that should have been searched.

The find still seems to work, but I'll have users asking about this and want to explain correctly (and also ensure it's not a bug I have to worry about).

Any ideas what's going on? This is with the precreated Fedora Core 4 and 5 minimal on OpenVZ stable (2.6.Cool.

Thanks,
Jbwiv
Re: find: WARNING: Hard link count is wrong for /proc/1 [message #5121 is a reply to message #5109] Sun, 13 August 2006 14:25 Go to previous message
aistis is currently offline  aistis

debian and fedora tools and their abilities may differ, so in your case you should do what it says: use "-noleaf" parameter for 'find' and you'll be fine

Aistis Zenkevicius
http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-user.png
Previous Topic: *SOLVED* Installing vzyum on Debian Sarge host?
Next Topic: Installing OpenVZ on Debian?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Aug 28 15:06:17 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03226 seconds