OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Migrate from openvz version 2.x to 3.x
Migrate from openvz version 2.x to 3.x [message #50550] Mon, 09 September 2013 07:05 Go to next message
mdlonline is currently offline  mdlonline
Hello,

I migrated 3 containers from proxmox 2.6 to proxmox 3.0. Everything ent well however i have problems with iptables. I noticed that the container couldnt send email, so i checked the logs and saw it couldent reach the smtp server. Ping was also not possible. Once i flushed iptables i am able to contact everything as normal, however this isnt a good solution. Does anyone know how this could have happend? The ip/dns stayed the same, it's only the host that has changed.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Mike
Re: Migrate from openvz version 2.x to 3.x [message #50571 is a reply to message #50550] Thu, 12 September 2013 18:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paparaciz
first of all it's not a proxmox support community.
but it is not clear what kernel version and openvz tools you are using?
what os you are using in HN and in CTs?
where did you flushed iptables rules?
is this was HN or CT?
what exactly iptables rules are (before flushing)?
what network setup is?
Re: Migrate from openvz version 2.x to 3.x [message #50600 is a reply to message #50550] Fri, 20 September 2013 09:44 Go to previous message
votsalo is currently offline  votsalo
I did the same upgrade without any problems. In both cases I had configured the networking with shorewall. My containers don't have public ips. They access the internet through NAT.
Previous Topic: What happen when i assign more cpu than is available?
Next Topic: Openvz container diskspace problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 29 08:24:06 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02694 seconds