OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » External IP access to containers (Is this a showstopper?)
External IP access to containers [message #49818] Fri, 21 June 2013 11:55 Go to previous message
dsl101 is currently offline  dsl101
I've got a HN running on an Amazon EC2 instance, with several containers running inside it. I'm stuck at the point of trying to figure out how to make these containers visible to the big wide world - they'll be running CMS software and so all need to serve stuff on port 80/443.

Amazon seem to limit the number of public IP addresses which can be assigned to an instance - I can easily get 2 addresses, but it's costly to go higher, and can't go beyond 8 anyway. I can easily imagine having more containers than this.

So, my question is, if I want each container to have it's own external DNS entry and domain name, which will work seamlessly for users by simply typing the domain name into a web browser, am I stuffed unless the HN can have different IPs for each container associated with it? Can the routing on the HN be based on the domain name requested, rather than the IP address?

It's my first foray into OpenVZ, so apologies if this is a FAQ - I didn't see it anywhere so far...

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: template not found, but i can create container
Next Topic: How to Disable nf_conntrack on vz start
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 29 22:20:27 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02666 seconds