OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » *SOLVED* vps doesn't work after migration (tar.gz migration actually)
*SOLVED* vps doesn't work after migration (tar.gz migration actually) [message #4965] Sat, 05 August 2006 18:25 Go to next message
hello-world is currently offline  hello-world
Hi,

I tarred up /vz/private/$vpsid and /vz/conf/$vpsid.conf. And copied them to another machine and installed them in teh proper directories, and did a vzctl start.

The vps did start, and i can even exec commands, but i can't enter into it, neither does sshd work, even though i can see that the ip addresses have been configured.

So the upshot is that: what i did is not the actual way to migrate. So the question is, how do i go ahead with a simple migrate. i had actually thought that simply copying private/vpsid and the conf file to another machine should do the trick. but i i think i am very wrong.

thanks a lot in advance.

[Updated on: Sun, 06 August 2006 09:38] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: vps doesn't work after migration (tar.gz migration actually) [message #4966 is a reply to message #4965] Sat, 05 August 2006 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hello-world is currently offline  hello-world

Sorry people. My mistake. i was using zip instead of tar actually, since i am basically from windows world. And it appears zip just ignores unix special files. Anyway, is there any way i can create the dev entries? For the present, i just copied the dev entries from another vps and it works beautifully. Smile
Re: vps doesn't work after migration (tar.gz migration actually) [message #4967 is a reply to message #4966] Sun, 06 August 2006 09:37 Go to previous message
kir is currently offline  kir

Basically, all the /dev entries comes from vzdev rpm -- what you can do is take this rpm and forcibly install it into a VE. Copying /dev from other VE is also OK.

Kir Kolyshkin
http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-developer.png
Previous Topic: Multicast Routing between VE0 and VE
Next Topic: running psybnc
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 18 14:14:27 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02585 seconds