OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » FreeDOS installation using openvz (FreeDOS)
FreeDOS installation using openvz [message #49453] Fri, 03 May 2013 06:31 Go to next message
nishith is currently offline  nishith

Hello,

This is my first question on "openvz" forum. Below is the requirement to use openvz in my environment.

My company is using "DOS VER 5.0" based RDBMS system for all type of company transactions. Now, the upcoming "windows 2008 Server" OS doesn't support DOS properly & thus, it will be difficult for us to run the RDBMS after few months.

I am a linux system administrator & working on RedHat/CentOS servers since long. So, I would like to ask you is it possible to install "openvz" on RedHat/CentOS 32/64 bit OS as a virtual platform? If yes, then is it possible to install "FreeDOS" operating system on openvz virtually?

Host PC is running on RedHat 32 bit. I will install "openvz" as per the documentation & want to install "Only FreeDOS" on it?

Let me know if it is possible.

Nishith N.Vyas

Nishith N.Vyas
Re: FreeDOS installation using openvz [message #49460 is a reply to message #49453] Fri, 03 May 2013 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
amissus is currently offline  amissus
OpenVZ can be installed under RedHat/CentOS.
xDOS is impossible to be installed under OpenVZ.

[Updated on: Fri, 03 May 2013 21:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: FreeDOS installation using openvz [message #49490 is a reply to message #49453] Tue, 07 May 2013 11:27 Go to previous message
Ales is currently offline  Ales
Like amissus said, it's impossible to install DOS within an openvz container.

You could try dosbox instead (without openvz). It's actively maintained and in EPEL repository.
Previous Topic: rhel 6.4 kernel support ?
Next Topic: Problem with VPN
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Aug 31 14:40:14 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.09057 seconds