OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Kernel 3.2 / Debian 7 hypervisor (no patches for Kernel 3.2 ?)
Re: Kernel 3.2 / Debian 7 hypervisor [message #49315 is a reply to message #45409] Sat, 20 April 2013 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Ales is currently offline  Ales
I can relate to Debian users, feeling a bit left out. But I wouldn't go as far as to say that OpenVZ will suffer a slow death or that the project has already given itself up.

At least in my eyes, me being just a long term user, OpenVZ is a RedHat-centric project, with the goal of merging the functionality into mainstream kernel as much as possible. I have no doubt that RHEL 7 and it's derivatives will have as solid support as RHEL 6 has now. And the work related to upstream kernel integration is going ahead nicely (you mention LXC yourself, so...), isn't it? So all is well with OpenVZ in general.

But it does sound like the upcoming Debian 7 (it isn't even properly released yet!) will have a bumpy ride until 3.x devel kernels show up. Later, it will most likely co-exist with RHEL 7 kernels reasonably well, as Debian 6 does with RHEL 6 kernels now.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon8.gif
Read Message
Previous Topic: slow disk i/o