OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » default settings for containers cpuunits, etc (utilizing processes on host)
default settings for containers cpuunits, etc [message #48858] Fri, 21 December 2012 17:46 Go to previous message
Viacob is currently offline  Viacob
I have a vm host running about 1000 containers and was messing around with containers and cpuunits to understand a couple things. If anyone can help me this it would be greatly appreciated.

First of I am only using about 200 containers.
I am running a script inside each one of them. When i spanned to 200 vms, it wouldn't be using more than 5% cpu process. As a result the scripts are not executing as fast as they should be. I need to understand how cpuunits/cpus config settings work to utilize as much cpu recourses as i can.

I was messing around with settings to see what i can squeeze out of the host machine, which has 16 cores. I ended up pretty much maxing out the machine until i had to manual reset it.

1)Is there a way to go back to default configurations for the containers.
2) In the /etc/vz/vz.conf file it states that the host cpuunits is 1000. Doe that mean there are only 1000 cpu units I should spread out accordingly?

Thanks for any help

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: duplicate ploop based CT ?
Next Topic: HOST PROHIBITED IN ve Network error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 01 00:23:07 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05599 seconds