OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » OpenVZ 6.3 - No VPS have Connectivity until "service network restart"
Re: OpenVZ 6.3 - No VPS have Connectivity until "service network restart" [message #48819 is a reply to message #48758] Sun, 09 December 2012 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
MikeDVB is currently offline  MikeDVB
I installed OpenVZ 6.3 on newer hardware - Dual e2620 - Linux redacted 2.6.32-042stab065.3 #1 SMP Mon Nov 12 21:59:14 MSK 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

It's just a vanilla CentOS 6.3 minimal with vzkernel-2.6.32-042stab065.3 installed. I haven't customized /etc/vz/vz.conf or anything else on the system at this point beyond installing some things like screen via yum.

When I migrate in an existing VPS from another server, or I create a brand new VPS right on the server - the VPS has no network connectivity in and out to the world until I do "service network restart" on the node.

If I reboot, I have to wait for OpenVZ to fully start before doing service network restart to get them all working.

I'm really not sure where to troubleshoot this further - I know it's not a 'slow to initialize networking card' because this exact server was running OpenVZ5 for over a year previously with no issues.

I have experienced this issue on this hardware, and other hardware, on the latest version of OpenVZ5 as well as OpenVZ6.

If I restart a VPS, it has no network connectivity until 'service network restart' happens on the node itself as well. I can ping the IP of the VPS from the node, I can ping the node from the VPS.

The VPS just can't seem to reach the internet and the internet can't seem to reach the VPS until I restart networking on the host.

[Updated on: Mon, 10 December 2012 11:00]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: call trace on 2.6.32-042stab065.3
Next Topic: IP_conntrack limit per VPS