OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » OpenVZ RHEL6 is much more stable now
OpenVZ RHEL6 is much more stable now [message #47281] Thu, 26 July 2012 01:44 Go to next message
bjdea1 is currently offline  bjdea1
Hello,
I just wanted to inform everyone that we're using OpenVZ latest stable Kernel RHEL6 042stab057.1 and we've had excellent stability and uptime.

We just transformed a previous RHEL5 platform to the latest RHEL6 in a production environment and its been running very well, no issues, no crashes, strong performance. And this production server has about 40 VPS's on it all with different operating systems and many of them using centos 5 templates. We simply removed the first 2 drives (Raid1) with the old OpenVZ RHEL5 operating system and replaced them with 2 new drives with OpenVZ RHEL6, started up the server and it all ran perfectly. Other drives on the server held the /vz and /vz2 partitions, and they simply remained in the server when we swapped out the 1st and 2nd drives. Was a really simple upgrade.

So it appears now that migrating from a RHEL5 platform to a RHEL6 platform is no problem. We did try this many months back but ran into many problems, but now it appears all the problems have been solved and we are very happy.

Good Work OpenVZ Development team !!

Deasoft.com Hosting/Software
AutoBillMe.com Billing Automation

[Updated on: Thu, 26 July 2012 01:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: OpenVZ RHEL6 is much more stable now [message #47303 is a reply to message #47281] Sun, 29 July 2012 16:21 Go to previous message
mustardman is currently offline  mustardman
In general I have found the VZ RHEL6 kernel to be stable for some time now. I only use kernels that have been out for at least a month with no major reported problems so that usually means I am running one behind the latest. I have a few with moderate loads and they have been as stable if not more so than my RHEL5 nodes for months now and I have no problem upgrading all my RHEL5 nodes at this point when I get an opportunity.

OpenVZ continues to be an impressive project imho.

[Updated on: Sun, 29 July 2012 16:34]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: tail/multitail not working - vztop works
Next Topic: ps stuck
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Aug 02 12:14:41 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03006 seconds