OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Centos 5.8 Very resolve speeds
Centos 5.8 Very resolve speeds [message #47119] Tue, 10 July 2012 07:56 Go to next message
Chackonman is currently offline  Chackonman
I feel that the login speed and yum update speed if very slow on my openVZ VPS with centos 5.8, the container has dedicated 4 cores (only VPS on the system)

on the actual server it can do yum update extreamly quickly, but on the VPS on the same server the yum update and logging into SSH through putty seem very sluggish, also when downloading from cachefly there is a long resolve time with a very fast download (80~MB/s). Been trying to install virtualmin but when it goes to download some files it says timeout error, but when i copy the link it trys to download and wget it, after waiting for resolve it downloads nearly instant as it should. So until i can get this fixed i wont be able to install Virtualmin

Any ideas on what could be the cause?

here is a video to demonstrate it: http (:)//www (.) youtube.com/watch?v=OJQ5yvGowZc
Re: Centos 5.8 Very resolve speeds [message #47141 is a reply to message #47119] Wed, 11 July 2012 08:36 Go to previous message
Paparaciz
I think all your problems are related to DNS

can you check your /etc/resolv.conf file?
does dns servers are same as on HN?

with ssh connection problem you can very quickly check this by disabling dns resolve in /etc/ssh/sshd_config file:
UseDNS no

restart sshd service and try to login again

Previous Topic: Trying to understand why 127.0.0.1 is assigned to venet0
Next Topic: IPsec inside a container
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Aug 01 12:14:29 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02889 seconds